This is the second Paleo pancake recipe that I have made with coconut flour (first was the Insane Chocolate Coffee Paleo Pancakes), but it is by far one of the most practical and simple recipes that I have found. I saw these fluffy coconut flour pancakes on PaleoSpirit.com via NourishingDays.com weeks ago but finally got around to making them over the weekend.
This is a fantastic Paleo pancake recipe. For someone new to Paleo, these coconut flour pancakes are very easy to make and have a taste and texture somewhere between a traditional grain-based pancake and a crepe. Despite some people having problems with the batter in the comments sections on both sites, I had no problems. I did let the batter set up and thicken for about ten minutes after mixing, so that may have made the difference. Still, the batter is very thin compared to most Paleo pancake batters. I also didn’t include any Stevia or coconut nectar as both original recipes suggest. I did use honey in the batter and a drizzle of maple syrup on top. Here is my version which includes some slight tweaks.
Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Coconut oil for cooking fat
- Preheat frying pan or griddle over medium-low heat. In a bowl, mix eggs together well until frothy. Mix in coconut milk, vanilla, and honey.
- In a second bowl combine dry ingredients by whisking together the coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt thoroughly. Mix wet and dry ingredients together well.
- Add coconut oil or cooking fat of your choice to griddle or pan. Pour or ladle enough batter to form a small (2-3 inch diameter) pancake. Cook until edges start to dry and firm then flip and cook through. Different pans and griddles cook differently, so your first pancake is your trial piece.
- Keep pancakes warm in a warming drawer or 200F oven until ready to serve. Top with real maple syrup, honey, or fruit of your choice.
PS – For more great Paleo pancake and other awesome breakfast recipes, be sure to check out The Paleo Recipe Book!